Question

Authorizer substitute for PO

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dears,

Can I add Authorizer substitute for PO and this change applied in just one site and another site does not affect for this change?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The substitute is based on the authorizer for the company. 

If site 1 = company A, and site 2 = company b, then the setting for the substitute would not affect both sites. 

However, if the sites are in the same company then where that authorizer is used within a given company, the substitute would come into play.  

The authorization rules are site specific. Assuming an authorizer is only used on site 1, then the substitute would apply to site 1. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello  Thomas Peterson

my case:  I have same authorizer involved in (2 site in same company)

I want to add substitute for him in one site while another leave it without change.

Is that Possible?

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Norahmf 

One possibility is that the second site is not in ‘sites per user’ for substituted user .

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The substitute concept is attached to a company - not the company / site. 

You could revise the authorization rules.   Ideally (like I recommend to all clients) is to consider using the authorization groups.   The nice part of the authorization group is the easy ability to move an individual in / out of a group.  

Best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello Thomas Peterson

Where can I find Authorization group for Purchase Order? How can I do this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Procurement > Authorization > Purchase Authorization Basic Data has a tab for Authorization Groups. You can add groups there, then the V to the left of the checkbox allows you to add authorizers to the group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

See the below screen image. 

Assuming you have set up the authorization rules, you can use the groups in your template. 

See below example. 

Best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks  MELuther , Thomas Peterson .

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

last question:  Thomas Peterson 

If one of the group member approve it will be approved? or must all group members approve? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically, a member of the group would approve.