Solved

Authorization rule with different authorization type is not working

• 25 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello all, 

I am trying to set up a purchase order authorization rule and/or ewith 2 steps : 

1. First step has an authorization type based on an authorization group
  2. Second step has an authorization type based on a role project

However, when I set it up, it does not work if there are 2 steps with a different authorization type. Please find my tests below for better understanding :

• TEST 1 : my authorization rule has only one step based on an authorization group --> it works as it generates one authorization line for the people belonging to the authorization group
  • TEST 2 : my authorization rule has only one step based on a project role--> it works as it generates one authorization line for the user with this project role
  • TEST 3 : my authorization rule has two steps, one based on an authorization rule and one based on a project role--> it does not work, it only generates the step with the authorization group but does not generate the second authorization line based on the project role

When I try it with the purchase requisition authorization rule, it has the same problem.

Thanks in advance, 

Laura

icon

Best answer by Steven Heurter 14 November 2022, 18:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I have seen the same behavior in Authorizations with same kind of setup.

Problem which i found is, if the second step is not valid, or IFS can't find the Project role, it will skip the step.

Therefore make sure that the Project role is defined correctly and setup correctly with a User/Person which is also setup as Authorizer. Make also sure that the demand is coming from the project. If there is no project filled in the PO, the system can't find the correct Project role and will skip that step as well.

Then run the test again.