Question

Airway Bill

• 12 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

I’m looking on IFS Cloud how to fill the field Airway Bill No wich is visible on Receipt window, Purchase Info Tab.

If anyone has info, she/he will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE : the Airway Bill is a tracking number, like what you have with Fed-Ex to follow in real time your shipment.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @ConJeancD

Normally, Airway Bill No can be entered when Registering the Direct Delivery of a Direct Delivery Purchase Order Line (Those connected to a Customer Order Line with Supply Code ‘Purch Order Dir’ or ‘Int Purch Dir’.).

There is an Editable field to Add an Airway Bill No for a given Register Direct Delivery record (Last field in Register Direct Delivery screen). Ideally, if your Internal Customer Order is Delivered via a Shipment and a Airway Bill No is entered against that, it should also be fetched. I’m yet to test this functionality against any of our Reference Environments (Since you haven’t specified the IFS version you are in), but it should work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Kanishka,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping to be able to use it on a standard purchase order line: our suppliers communicate us the AirBil No with their order confirmation.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @ConJeancD 

I completely understand your concern and it looks like this isn’t fully functioning even with Direct delivery orders at least for the IFS versions I checked the issue with.

So, if this is a requirement is related to an issues raised by any of your Customers, I suggest you log this as a Support Case. Then, one of the IFS Support Personal will investigate this further and report this to our Product Development team as a Suspected Software issue and/or Functional enhancement request, and they’ll check and advise you on how they plan to resolve current issues, what improvements can be made for the current IFS versions, etc...

Sametime, to have fully functioning solution in future (i.e. in a broader scope addressing all new requirement from each and every customer who reports issues related to Purchase Receipt > Airway Bill No handling), I’ll be creating an ‘idea’ for this in this same Community platform, so that it your requirement/request is also considered when integrating a similar functionality into a coming ‘Core’ version of IFS Applications. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Has any headway been made on correcting this issue? I would use it with direct delivery orders if it worked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@tricia.roth Please let me know the IFS version you are in, so I can check whether there are any improvements made by now?

@ConJeancD Kindly let us know if you’ve created a Support Case for this by any chance?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We are on version 10, and I use IEE.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@tricia.roth I’ve just checked this with one of our Latest APPS10 Reference systems, but it is not working correctly I’m afraid. Anyway, since you are in a RnD supported version, if you can log this as a Support Case, we can report this to IFS Product Development and get it corrected for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

No I haven’t created case for this issue as my customer purpose was not only for direct deliver, so we had implemented a workaroud solution with 3 custom fields:

• The first one to store tracking number (airwaybil, DHL, or FEDEX),
  • The second one with the forwarder,
  • The third one is the link to the web page of the forwarder with the particular tracking number.

It’s fine and customer is happy. Life is easier with custom fields ;)

NOTA : done in IFS Cloud 22R2.

BR

Jean-Christophe