Solved

Work Task Template Categories

• 9 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I am trying to understand how the categories are supposed to be working in IFS10 EE on the work task templates. I have the item classes assigned and then have set up the template in the Failure Analysis. I understand that if we do not have the Cateory Item Class of the one we want to set it up under we will not get the option in the analysis. What is the purpose of the rest of the categories? I am looking for ways to lesson the LOV for the users selecting task templates based upon conditions of their work order, but may not be going as deep as having a different task template assigned to every item class & Symptom set up in the failure analysis as the “Select Task from Item Class” requires. Is there something we are missing in the set up?

icon

Best answer by Lawrencewilkey 27 September 2021, 19:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

From what I have been seeing.  Item class and Process class are used when setting up PM Programs and Work task templates.  I have been using the process class to divide the plant into 2 parts. Then I can divide the item classes into 2 groups.  I don’t think you have too use all them. I think they are there to help you sort thru everything.  It is very helpful when you are doing a search and you have 65 item classes. In your search you can narrow it down to Process class. I hope this helps. Still learning Myself