Question

Work Order error File format is not valid message

• 12 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

We have a work order that has been created and the user has added a sticky note.   When the user finally went to Prepare the work order they received the message File format is not valid….

I went into the work order and the work order opens, displays the sticky note and then displays the File format is not valid message.. Clicking Close just loops the message and end up having to kill the session as I couldn’t leave the page.

Any ideas why this would.

Also why file type is a sticky message.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I believe the note has nothing to do with the file format issue.  

My thoughts are the user has added document attachments somewhere on the work order, whether it be tasks etc.,  

Other work orders are fine where documents have been attached to tasks but on this particular work order there are no attachments on tasks.

I have requested that the user gets back to me as to whether any attachments do exist for this work order.  Although, I have searched DOC_REFERENCE_OBJECT and couldn’t locate any which in my mind means there aren’t any attachments, will advise.

Badge +2

Hi were you able to solve this issue??

Badge +2

We have experienced the same issue. There the problem was on sticky note content which probably have copied from another source (ex: Email). 

We just removed the content from DB level and then the sticky note is gone together with error :-)

However we had copied content thus can add again so should not make any problem.