Solved

Why can't work orders be cancelled or deleted after completion?

• 30 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 20 replies

Hello!

When a work order is closed and moved to the historical work order window, when reopened, we cannot cancel or close it. What is the reason behind it? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 30 June 2022, 13:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @rcruz,

Your question pops up more questions for me.

Can you explain a little more about the scenario you want to accomplish?

I do not really understand why you want to cancel a WO which is already historical.

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @EqeRobertK 

You know that users can be very creative some times.

I have a situation where the user completed a work order using the wrong object ID and he wanted to reopen and cancel it. Because now we have a maintenance operation registered to the wrong object ID. I already instructed him that we cannot do what he wants. But then I was wondering what is the reason behind it.

What is the reason on why we cant cancel a work order after its completion on a workflow process perspective?

Thank you!

BR,

Rodrigo Cruz

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

I do understand users can be very creative some times😊.

In case that there is nothing booked, it should be possible to cancel a WO/WT after reopening. So I cannot help you with this.

A possible ‘Creative’ way to solve the reporting part is to change the actual Object ID of the Work Task, so the reporting on the object is correct. You can use an object ‘WRONG OBJECT’ for this.

Hope this helps and hopefully someone can help us with the WHY,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

I do understand users can be very creative some times😊.

In case that there is nothing booked, it should be possible to cancel a WO/WT after reopening. So I cannot help you with this.

A possible ‘Creative’ way to solve the reporting part is to change the actual Object ID of the Work Task, so the reporting on the object is correct. You can use an object ‘WRONG OBJECT’ for this.

Hope this helps and hopefully someone can help us with the WHY,

Robert

Hi @EqeRobertK 

Thank you for the creative solution! It really solves it!