Question

User IFSMOBILITY has not been granted access to activity UplinkServices

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I recently moved the MWS from an old server to a new server and am seeing this error message in the TASTRACE file

User IFSMOBILITY has not been granted access to activity UplinkServices

Failed to register Downlink Url 'https://ifstasdev.cpk.chpk.com/' with 'https://dvsappifs01.cpk.chpk.com:58080/' running as 'IFSMOBILITY'
Unexpected error while calling server method UplinkServices/RegisterUplinkURL

(Where does this server method exist and is there a config file associated?)

I have verified IFSMOBILITY is granted FND_TOUCHAPPS_CONFIG permission set.

** FYI - we just moved our current Oracle 12c db to a new oracle 19c db using export/import methodology - not sure if anything needs to be done to grant this access from a db perspective with Oracle 19C.

Where can I begin to look for why this issue may be occurring.

We are running APPS9 UD17 with mWO 2.8 & 2.14

I have tried running both mWO 2.8 and 2.14 - both give the same error on TAS.

I am wondering do I need to rerun the TAS installer to re-register the new MWS with the TAS configuration or is there a file or script that can be modified to do so?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

IFSMOBILITY user should have activity ‘UplinkServices’ granted via the Permission Set ‘FND_TOUCHAPPS_CONFIG’. This is done via the Post Installation scripts in the FNDMOB. What I don’t know is how this database Export/Import is setup in your case. Does that use table by table data migration? In that case may be this activity security table went missing or  ignored due to error? Worth check the import/Export logs for the table ‘activity_grant_tab’.  

You can try to run below method to set grants again.

Security_SYS.Grant_Activity('UplinkServices', ‘FND_TOUCHAPPS_CONFIG’);

Other reason could be the MWS cache where it still have not refreshed properly. You can either run Security cache clear from EE or simply restart MWS to make cache reloaded again. 

Regards

Kapila

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Kathlk - thank you so much for this information. 

Which account is used to grant these permissions, ifssys, sys as dba or ifsapp?

“Security_SYS.Grant_Activity('UplinkServices', ‘FND_TOUCHAPPS_CONFIG’);”

Thank you