Solved

Shipment of Completed Work Order Units

• 19 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’m beginning the process to upgrade from APP9 to Cloud. We currently use work orders for customer serial objects that need to be repaired and returned. We have a MOD that allows the serial object to become an inventory part in stock on a customer order so that it can be shipped via standard customer order functionality. Customer is invoiced for the service and part is shipped. Alternately there is functionality on the report in work order screen for move serial to inventory which allows the repaired part to be moved into inventory. Does anyone utilize work orders in Cloud for customer assets that are ultimately returned to the customer’s location?  If so, how do you process these? 

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 20 March 2024, 05:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I would like to know which IFS Cloud version you are operating with.

We have introduced new capabilities in “Ship Goods & Assets.” area in IFS Cloud 23R1 release. This enables to use either shipment order or a distribution order (internal customer order + purchase order) during the return material activity on a work task. It seems the capabilities fits in well for your requirements.

Please refer the related attachments below, 

Let us know whether the information is helpful, where we can send you the related links for 23R1 product documentation.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Mayura Wasantha thank you for this feedback. It seems this might be what we were looking for. We will be upgrading to version 23R2. I sent a message with details on where to send any documentation.  Thanks much!