Restrict Work Orders for Mobile Users working in the same Site

• 9 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 46 replies

Hello All,

Would you kindly advise if there is a possible way to restrict viewing/accessing the WOs in MWO App end, by the Mobiles Users who are working on the same Site (all got the same Site access).

The scenario is we have a 50 Mobile Users who are working on the same Site ‘A’ (all Objects are in the same Site A) and 20 of them should only see different set of WOs (the WOs which are on different set of Objects on Site A), and other 30 should only see another set of WOs, (the WOs which are on different set of Objects on Site A).

And they are currently using the same Resource Group which got the same Site access. They are all using various types of Work Types as well.

Would you kindly share thoughts and advice to achieve this using Sites, Permission, Objects, Locations etc., Resource groups etc.?

We are using MWO Service 10 Application. 

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 9 August 2023, 22:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can achieve this by adding Permission Set Filters. These are described here: Synchronization Rules (ifs.com)

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello @James Ashmore Sounds great and many thanks for your kind guidance and suggestions on using Permission Set Filters to achieve this. Will proceed accordingly.
Best regards, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello @James Ashmore thanks to your kind guidance and advice. Based on the description in the Synchronization Rules > Permission Set Filters, decided to assign different Work types set for the same WO Site. And i followed below steps to add a Filter based on the Work Type. (we are using IFS Application 10 UPD 9)

Work Type - 10

Work Type - 10T

Basic data set for differentiate WOs to appear on MWO App, by applying Permission Set filters.

Filter adding process as below.

1. Entity selecting process.
  2. Would you kindly advise if i should select Work Type or Active Separate Entity as i need to filter WOs based on the Work Type.
    1.  From the ‘Column Picker’ i drag and drop the Work_Type_ID column and add the ‘SQL Where Expression’.

1.  And update the SQL Where Expression as below and save the New Permission Set Filter.
 &0.WORK_TYPE_ID like '%-T'
  1. Then add the Filter for ServiceEngApp node as below.
  1. Then i click on the ‘Refresh Security Cache’ and created two(02) WOs using above Work Types (10 & 10-T) and transferred as Pool Work Order, to see if the Mobile User is unable to see 10-T Work Types using WOs.
Work Type 10-T
Work Type 10
  1. When transferred to the Mobile User, under the POOL WORK both Work Tasks were appearing as below.(Which was not intended)

Would you kindly advise if i have missed anything during the Permission Set Filter creation, Sync etc. process? Many thanks for your kind help. 
Best regards

-ISD-

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You need to make sure you add your filter to all the Work Order entities (JtTask, ExecutionInstance, ActiveSeparate, MobileWorkOrder etc) to ensure you filter the data appropriately. The filters are an entity by entity applicable. There is no cascade through the structure of data.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello @James Ashmore Thanks for your kind advice and the information. Sure, i shall add filters to above Entities as well and proceed with the testing. Thanks. :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @James Ashmore ,

Can you advise how this is achievable in IFS Cloud 23R1?

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In IFS Cloud Permission Sets Filters are removed and replaced with Security Grants and Entity Filters. You can read about these here:

Security Grant Filters by Entity Filters - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

The concept is the same though. You add an additional SQL WHERE statement as a filter to each entity you want to filter data for

Cheers

James