Reason for work tasks are not going to status "work done" when tasks are completed from mobile (MWO)

• 6 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thought of sharing the following upon few questions raised by customers regarding task completion on mobile when having demands.

Could be helpful if anyone has the doubt on this area, also please contribute to the discussion.

When you have unallocated demands, tasks will not go for work done although all work assignments are completed.

So if you have add a single demand line for a task, it should be allocated to work done.

Here's the steps for that.

• Create work order
  • Add work task
  • Go to Resources tab in child table of work task

• RMB on resource tab > Assign work > Allocations on Demand
  • Select the work task
  • Add new on child table

• Give the user who you need to transfer assignment to mobile on “Allocated To”
  • Save
  • Go to work assignment tab, assignment has been created.
  • RMB on work assignment > Transfer to mobile

If you follow these steps, once you complete your task on mobile, in IEE also task will be go to status “work done”

In case if you add resource demand and then transfer the task to mobile by RMB on task, (without allocating resource for demand line) you will experience, tasks are not going to work done status although you have completed task on mobile.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This is not related to MWO and this is server side functionality. MWO only works with the Work assignment statuses and rest (Work task and WO statuses) is handled in the server. So you will see the same behavior when you complete the WA from backend as well.

I think the expectation is, to conclude a work task as work done, it should have all demands either satisfied or cancelled. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@Dakshinie Wickramasinghe I’ve seen this happen as well. Typically it seems the server side is not updating. When I see this issue I observe the Work Order journal tab and the “Source” Work Assignment/Work Tasks/Work Order did not update. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@CSheprutterkey The above explained situation happens when there are unallocated demands. Then your work assignment in server side will update correctly but work task status will not change to Work done.

If you are having situations where assignments status are not update in server then it could be a different issue.

Badge +2

@Dakshinie Wickramasinghe we have had this issue as well. Wondering whether there is a way of removing the completed status on an assignment once it has been set to completed ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@MaggieDiP As I know there's no way to remove from completed status rather than doing data fix from database side.