Solved

Pop-up before completion or incompletion of work assignment

• 11 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We get a lot of complaints from the engineers that the buttons ‘Complete’ and ‘Incomplete’ on the MWO Service 10 are irreversible. When working in the field, it is very easy to push the wrong button, and in case of these two buttons, the effect is irreversible.

Please consider a pop-up asking ‘are you sure to complete the work assignment’ with a OK and Cancel option.

icon

Best answer by Ibrahim Naazir 11 August 2021, 10:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Martin,

If I am not mistaken, when you complete a work assignment, it will go to the report in window. They can then cancel it from here. If you do not see that window then its most likely disabled through a workflow configuration. Maybe you can consider letting in one window from the “Report In” category so that it makes sure the user has the option to cancel it if it was a mistake.

When I incomplete a work assignment I get a window asking for the cause. They can then cancel if needed. Do you not see this window in your case?

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Agreed with Ibrahim. State transition is not straight forward and user has the chance to revert back if the click was not intentional. 
Having to have extra clicks is a problem in mobile solution.

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Reading the replies, I agree with the choice that was made. In one specific instance we didn't use the ‘report in’ functionality (disabled in workflowconfig) and that is the only way to get into this scenario.

I will communicate with the users if they prefer one of the report in screens, to have the option to roll-back ‘completion’