Question

Object Connection Transformation from Work Order to Customer Order

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

We are trying to create an Object Connection Transformation so that documents attached to a work order can be viewed in the Customer Order, but we’ve been unsuccessful.  We’ve tried several combinations but can’t figure out the right settings.  Has anyone been able to set this up?  Here are examples of a couple we’ve tried.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @jtobin ,

There is a system defined rule ( which is mandatory to work order functionality to work correctly) 

where TARGET_LU_NAME=ActiveSeparate,  SOURCE_LU_NAME= WorkOrder and EDITABLE= Source. 

This is defined automatically by the system. For the transformation between work order and customer order line to work you have to define a rule as below:

TARGET_LU_NAME=CustomerOrderLine and SOURCE_LU_NAME=WorkOrder

When you set up such transformation, you can see the documents connected to ActiveSeparate even after it becomes HistoricalSeperate ( i.e when a work order is finished). This would be an advantage in this transformation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

I suggest you review the detailed documentation on OCT to learn what Target and Source is. If I understand your requirement it's the other way around to what you tried.

Is the work order number somewhere to be found on the customer order? If not, then you probably cannot get this to work without writing a transformation function.

@Xavier Fernando The rule you mention is very important, but is it relevant to the question at hand? As for your other example, the value for the Transformation Method is missing to get a complete rule. And... Then you mention historical work orders all of a sudden... 🙃 Did you mean to write more but forgot it?

/Mathias

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @jtobin ,

Since customer order does not have the work order number, its more appropriate to use the customer order line for the ‘Target LU’.

Transformation can be done as follows:

Please check whether it solves the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That rule might work, but I am not sure they want to set Editable to Source. It has the effect that new documents will be connected to the WO and not the order line. It is probably not what they want.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, Everyone:

Thank you for your recommendations and assistance!  I’ll update this thread when I have a chance.

Joann

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @Janitha Jinarajadasa 

I tried a transformation as you suggested but when I test it, the Customer Order Line information doesn’t return the WO number.

Do you think either of these should work?

I also tried it at the Work Order Header/Customer Order Header level because the customer order does exist, but I don’t get the WO No returned as a test result here either.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @jtobin ,

Try following transformation.

work order with a customer order 

customer order does not have any documents at the moment.

Add the transformation and clear the Object connection cache.

Add the document from the work order

check the customer order:

Earlier transformation also should work, try adding a document in to the work order and check the relevant customer order lines. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Janitha Jinarajadasa Thank you!  I am working on testing using the example you provided but some other things have come up.  I will get back to you and let you know if this did work for me.  Again, thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Janitha Jinarajadasa  I started with a completely new work order and customer order. 

I created the transformation as shown above and then I cleared the Object Connection cache.

I tested the connection by entering the WO No and did get the Customer Order no result.  Working as expected so far.

New Work Order, no documents attached

New Customer Order attached to Work Order, no documents attached

After clearing cache, Test Transformation successful!

But when I added the document to the Work Order, it is no longer displayed on the Work Order.  It does show up in the Customer Order, but not in the Work Order

I’m not sure this will work but I’ve pasted a 5 second .gif so you can see that I selected a document but it isn’t visible on the work order screen.  Then the next one shows it in the customer order when I refresh the screen.  Is there a setting that is preventing it from showing in the work order even though that’s where I attached it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @jtobin ,

Yes, it will have this issue now. Problem here is the source columns are not included in the target database view. It’s the other way round. First transformation method should work, but it will copy the documents to the relevant customer order line. Since your requirement is to have the document in the customer order, may be customer event will be helpful to copy the documents to the customer order.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Janitha Jinarajadasa Thank you for your help.  We will consider the options and decide how to proceed.