Question

NotifyMe - FndStream Issue

• 3 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I’m attempting to configure Notify Me and I appear to have the basic set-up completed, although I am not receiving push notifications.  Interestingly, when I selected a “Send Notification”, I did receive it.  

When looking at the Mobile logs, I see the below error.  Where do I grant the user access to the FndStream and FndStreamExtension?

Environment: 23R1

Android App version 23.5.870.0

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

You set up the permissions for the app in solution manager in screen Security Groups by Permission Set, located under Mobile Apps / Administration / Security Grants and Entity Sets. 

Check if you have granted the following: 

To display General Notifications the following must be granted to the User for IFS Notify Me:

• StreamType.BACKGROUND_JOB
  • StreamType.GENERAL
  • StreamType.REPORT
  • StreamType.SUBSCRIBED_OBJECT
  • StreamType.SUBSCRIPTION_EXPIRED
  • StreamType.TASK

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for the reply, Johan.  Those permissions were already added, but it seems I was missing this one:

After I added that permission, I’m running into two issues:

On the Android app, I’m not receiving an actual push notification.  If I open the app, I can see the notification present and I can even authorize it as expected.  I have validated that push notifications are allowed on the device itself.  

On the Windows desktop app, I receive the below error:

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

I am discussing the windows issue internally as I have not seen this message before. 

The Android issue, what version of Android are your device on? We know that we have a problem with push notifications on Android 13 and we are currently working on resolving that issue. 

Regards

Johan 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks, Johan.  

It’s a Samsung S23, and yes it’s on Android 13. 

For what it’s worth, I did confirm the process to work successfully on an iOS device with standard push notifications.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Android 13 we ate already working on a solution that will be available when we have corrected it and verified the correction.

So what is left to clue out is the windows issue. I have not seen it before, so a bit puzzled about it. Can you check på hat windows version you are runnin on and also is it a tablet pr a pc?

regards

Johan

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for looking into this.  This is on a PC.  The app version is 23.5.870.0.