Solved

Notify me

• 1 February 2022
  • 22 replies

Badge +1

Notify Me configured notification not appearing in IFS 10.

The customer has an approval process in Sales Quotation  based on the document management functionality. We have created the configured notification in the Touch App Server to show the next approval step from the Approvals screen. I’ve been reading that I  should also create some custom events/custom actions to somehow push the notification in the Notify Me App (similar with PO notification). 

Does anyone have an example how such an event should be created based on the approval_routing_api?

icon

Best answer by BeaMarceA 17 March 2022, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This process of creating a custom notification is documented here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/090_touch_apps/30_notify_me/10_configured_configuration/default.htm

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@James Ashmore these instructions have been already followed closely.

1. Configured Notification created:
  1. HTML list template: → should only display Quotation No
  2. SQL to fetch the records in the list was written:
  3. Approve action created → getting the values from the SQL

The background job Mobile_Batch_Sys.Execute_Job_ is running fine every 15 mins. Do we still need to do anything for the data from IFS to be pushed into Notify Me? Maybe some custom event/action? Or? There’s no info on what should be done after configuring the notification. And the Approvals for quotations are not visible in the Notify Me app. So clearly we still need to do something more. But what? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @James Ashmore 

In this case we followed closely the steps for configuring the notification:

1. Configured notification created:
  2. HTML List details: Just show quotation No

3. SQL statement created. tested in PL/SQL before. Returning the correct results:

4. Defined one action for Approve:

Still after doing all these steps, the notification is not showing up in the App. I’ve checked backgroud jobs, and the Notify Me push job is running without errors every 15 mins.

Is there anything else that we need to do to have these notifications coming through? MAybe an event/action to push this data in Notify Me?

Any idea would be much appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you tried to debug this to see if there is an error occurring?

You can read how to debug this here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/090_touch_apps/30_notify_me/10_configured_configuration/default.htm#Testing,_Debugging_and_Diagnostics

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @James Ashmore , 

Yes, we have also enabled debugging but there is nothing related to the configured notification:

And then if I look in the logs, I can only see logs from the time I tried to login in the notify me app and initialize /resync the notifications.

Would you have an example of a fully configured notification for Notify Me?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@James Ashmore any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can I confirm you are using the IFS Notify Me 10 App (on Android this is the app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifsworld.notifyme10) and not the IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 App (on Android this is the Aurena version of the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifs.ifsaurenanotifyme10)

In Apps 10 we have 2 supported versions of Notify Me.

IFS Notify Me 10 is configured in the Touch Apps Server and supports custom notifications.

IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 has zero configuration in the Touch Apps Server and therefore does not support custom notifications.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@James Ashmore indeed I had installed IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 App.

Now I just downloaded IFS Notify Me 10 App and managed to login. I can see there are 2 errors. 1 regarding Supplier Invoice and another regarding Time Report. I can see that Sales Quotation Approvals type is active, but there’s no error to this configured notification. And no notification regarding Quotations that I need to approve in the app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you see any errors regarding Quotations in the Touch Apps Server console after enabling the debug option?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@James Ashmore in System Log I can see only Sign In events. No errors at all. Would you have an example configuration? To check if I missed any steps?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@James Ashmore indeed I had installed IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 App.

Now I just downloaded IFS Notify Me 10 App and managed to login. I can see there are 2 errors. 1 regarding Supplier Invoice and another regarding Time Report. I can see that Sales Quotation Approvals type is active, but there’s no error to this configured notification. And no notification regarding Quotations that I need to approve in the app.

Two questions.

1. Login to your SQL tool *as the same user you logged into Notify Me*. When you run your query (“select acs.step_no .... from &AO.approval_current_step acs”), how many rows do you get? Each row you get here becomes a notification in Notify Me, so let’s make sure your data is there and that the query correctly fetches it. It’s important that you run the SQL as the same user you login to Notify Me as, because we want to make sure permissions aren’t getting in the way.
  2. Once we rule out #1, and once you enable the Debug Notification type, what exactly do you see? can you share a screenshot please? Sounds like you’ve already checked this, but let’s leave no stone unturned :slight_smile:
    1. Do you get the “Errors” notification (#1 on the screenshot)? 
    2. Does it show a row for “Approvals” in the Notification Type Details table (#2 on the screenshot) and is it marked as active?
    3. if Oracle errors are thrown, you should see an Errors table with the Oracle error text (#3 on screenshot).

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@rukflk 

I logged in to PreProd DB, and I’m able to run the query under my user and also get a few results:

Below you may also find some screenshots with the errors from Notify Me App. They are not related to the quotations approval notification that I created. Still I see no quotation notification in the app.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@BeaMarceA sorry, missed your reply. Maybe your custom notification isn’t even running because of the other errors. can you try disabling all the other notification types? especially the two that are failing?

Also, with apologies for sounding pedantic, can you confirm that you logged into PL\SQL Developer with the same user that you logged into Notify Me as please? :relaxed:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@rukflk I have just disabled the 2 types which were showing errors:

Now when I login to Notify Me app, I see there are no errors, but I still don’t see the configured notification also. I also confirm that I’m using the same user account in PL/SQL Dev and in Notify Me App. So I should have access to see the data. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Just one more question. If you disable the Purchase Order and Time Reminder as well, what is the notification count? If that is greater than zero but you don’t see anything, then the problem is likely with your templates. Also, check your private messages please, in case that doesn’t give you a way forward.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@rukflk I just turned off all notifications except for the custom one which I created. Surprisingly enough it seems the 37 notifications come from the custom notification.

Now I’m wondering what could be wrong in the template?

I hope I didn’t miss any HTML tag:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@rukflk I managed to solve the issue with not seeing notifications.  The issue was a missing tag in the template.

Now I’m trying to figure out why the action is not working. Do you know if in Apps I can see anywhere what code is being executed?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@rukflk  @James Ashmore I created a simple UPDATE action but nothing happens when I press the button in the notify me app:

I see the action button in the app:

After I press it it looks greyed out like this:

And if I go back to the main list I see the ! sign. I guess nothing really happened when I pressed this button. I can’t see anything in logs. Any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@rukflk @James Ashmore @Subash Perera do you know is there’s some extra step missing? I try to execute a simple update statement when I press the UPDATE button, but nothing happens. Did I miss anything? Maybe some permission is missing to run the statement against the DB?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@BeaMarceA apologies, couldn’t followup here for a few days, and glad to hear the notifications now show.

the exclamation on the quotation indicates that the action failed. generally, if you click/tap on it, it should expand and show the error message. can you try that please?

Also, if you run this PL\SQL code in a tool like PL\SQL Developer, does it update?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@rukflk it was very tricky to display the error message. the button to do that is quite hidden, you can’t even tell that’s a button :(. I leave a printscreen here below in case it’s helpful for somene else.

After your reply I tried pressing all over the screen and I finally managed to get to the error message. I was able to solve it and now the approval flow works fine. 

@rukflk many thanks once again for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@BeaMarceA I was expecting an exclamation mark to be there, perhaps the icon got dropped. I worked on this area and I am sad to hear your experience was rocky. However, we have a newer version with true push notifications and better server side performance, so we are focusing our efforts there. I hope you will be able to upgrade to that soon, and that you’ll find a much smoother experience there. I’m glad you were able to resolve this issue, and I’m glad I could be of some help 😊