Question

Not Possible to Quote Additional Items from a Maintenance Order Released at the Header

• 17 April 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello, my friends of the Community,

I have been dealing with this issue for a while. I did many different test to check if different configurations would lead to different results, but it never did. I have not been able to quote additional items in Maintenance Orders (MO) when it was previously connected and released to a Service Quotation (SQ) at its Header. 

The normal flow of a maintenance is to cast the initial work scope, its quotation that will be connected to a SQ and release. In that case, release of both of MO and SQ. When I connect the SQ of the Header of the MO, meaning that all the items will be included on it. Later on, additional items will show up either due to non routines or due to opportunity. What I am experience is the difficulty of not being able to quote those additional items included in the MO.

For the additional items, I would expect to be able to connect them into a SQ using the RMB at the right side of the MO screen, with the MO detail tab selected. I found a way around the issue which is to release all items of the MO via this process since the beginning, one by one, not at the top of the MO, but at within the item detail window. In an actual maintenance, that can easily sums hundreds of items, I can not tell my customer that is the way IFS works.

We have seen that consistently in our tests throughout multiple environments with APP 10, updates 16 and 17. Can that be a bug or a setting we need to adjust?

Regards,

Leibnitz 

which is the reason of this report. When the MO is connected to SQ and released at its header and later on additional items need to be added to the MO, and they need to be quoted as well. However, it is not possible to connect another SQ to those items within them at the right-hand side of the MO, at the item's detail.

Workaround:
Instead of releasing the items at the header of the MO, all items can be released within them from the detail at the right-hand side of the MO, at the item's detail, since the initial scope. This workaround is, however, very time-consuming.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!