Solved

New fields added via modification not available in Aurena native page designer

• 7 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We have added a new field “C_SAFETY” to Aurena “Work Task” page via a modification. This “C_” field is available in both JT_TASK_TAB table & JT_TASK base database view.

We want to add this field to Aurena Native “Work Details” page, but it is not shown in the aurena native page designer attribute list under content. We have another set of custom fields added to the same “JT_TASK” entity as a configuration (CF$_TEST1, CF$_TEST2)and these custom fields available in “Aurena Native Page Designer”, but none of the fields added via a MOD not available in.

Any reason it is not available? 

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 10 October 2022, 16:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You need to ensure the Custom Fields are added to the Entity Details and these are Published. Its a multi-step process to get custom fields on the mobile apps. You can read about this here: Entity Details - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Please be aware that once you publish the Custom Attributes in Entity Details that all users will be asked to Initialize their mobile app.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. We do not have any issues with the custom fields added as a configuration. We added several custom fields using “Entity Configuration” page and all of these are available in “Aurena Native Page Designer”. 

What we have issue with is new C_ fields added to the LU via a modification. We modified the core logical unit and added few attributes as custom fields. We updated all the base views and relevant packages and fields are available in Aurena pages. But none of these fields that added via modification available to use in “Aurena Native Page Designer”. 

I checked the local database on mobile device and I can see that the field added via modification available in the table with data pushed (CSubSafe). But this is not available in “Aurena Native Page Designer” it does not listed in “Attributes List”. Due to this we cannot use this field in the user interface.

Regards,
Dasun 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Okay I understand now. We currently have a limitation that attributes of the LU cannot be added as custom attributes into mobile. We only support true custom attributes. Given you have done a modification here I suggest you extend the modification and add the attributes to the MWO projection, client and offline files.

Cheers

James