Solved

New Case Issue - Apps 8

• 4 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We use New Case Issue for recording customer faults/requests.  We have 1 company providing support to its own employees and the employees of another company we also own.

However, when the employees raise a case from the 2nd company (customer), it defaults in the case to the 1st company (customer).  The employees raising the case are only assigned to one company so I had expected the system to know which company to enter based on the employee raising the case.  This is not happening.  Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this?

icon

Best answer by paul harland 17 August 2020, 17:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Caroline

This is a little bit confusing.  It would be clearer if you uploaded some screenshots showing the setup and what is happening :sweat_smile:

I’m just guessing, for now: there is no company within a case; there is just the customer and the Support Organization.  From what you have described, you would probably just want 1 support organization, representing the first company.

As for the customer - I would have thought you should be able to configure the Case Issue basic data to fill in the second company as the customer.

To be clear: User per Company has no effect here, because cases are independent of company.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Paul,

So what I am referring to is that within the case there is the Created By: name and the Customer Number.  It also shows the contact details for the person creating the case which I believe it takes from the contact tab from within the customer record (see 2nd image below)  

My issue is that even when the Created By: person is linked to a different Customer, it still loads DHB_INTERNAL as the customer.  I appreciated DHB_INTERNAL is probably set as the default customer, but I had assumed that the system could have been configured to identify the correct customer number based on the Created By user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Caroline,

thanks for uploading the screenshots

You’re using “New Case Issue”, correct?  If so, could you show us what you have in the Case Issue Basic Data

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Our issue is that we want to provide the same Name options in column 1 & 2 with the same support key descriptions but linked to a different customer.  We thought we had done this by duplicating the items and linking to the other customer but unfortunately, it presented the duplicated items in columns 1 & 2 and presented them all to both customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Understood. As it is you are hardcoding the customer = DHB_INTERNAL

You can do what you are looking for with work groups.  Try setting up 2 work groups, one for each company

And link a user to one of the work groups:

Then have 2 Case Issue rows, that are mostly the same but link them to the different Work Groups.

So here, as a user linked to Work Group CUSTOMER1 I only see the applicable Case Issue:

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thank you so much for this.  It has been driving me mad!  I will have a go using your suggestion.

Kind regards

Caroline

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again but we’ve followed your instructions and hit an issue and I’m not sure if it’s an Apps 8 issue or just our set-up.  As we have all employees for company 1 assigned to the workgroup, it makes all cases visible to everyone within the company.  Are we missing as step somewhere?

Regards

Caroline

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi @Caroline 

sounds right.

best approach might be to hide access to case screens for general users.