Question

MWO Transport Task Synchronization

• 27 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I’ve read similar topics but the answers are not helping in my scenario. Currently, when a transport task is executed, mobile users must either do a full initialization or need to manually sync ‘inventorypart’ and ‘inventorypartinstock’ in order for the recipient to get an in-transit record to receive the part. What is the most efficient way (and causes the least performance reduction) to make these entities sync after the transport task has been executed? Is there a custom event that needs to take place, do I edit the entity to sync ‘on changes’, etc..? Thank you for your assistance.  

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

“inventorypartinstock” is a batch entity (sync policy) hence mobile will receive updates for that only in batch sync.

Is there any particular reason why you need to get the record synced into mobile immediately after executing the transport task? Because as I see you have used “destination = in transit” on the transport task meaning there will be a lead time before the parts can be received. 

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +3

Sampath,

Thank you for replying. When one mobile user sends to another mobile user (both assigned to remote warehouses), the receiving mobile user will not see the inventory movement record in their ‘move stock’ ‘In-Transit’ without manually syncing in sync rules. The 2 fields I’ve mentioned are manually synced after each transport task execution for this functionality to work as intended. Yes, both these entities are batch but this will not work for the mobile user who needs immediately updates and doesn’t have the time to initialize every time they have a part transfer while performing a service. What needs to happen, when a mobile user sends to another mobile user, the part being transferred needs to auto sync and be available to receive without having to initialize AGAIN. Yes, the default is ‘destination in transit’.

Thank you,

Josh.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Josh,

Yes, the part transfer is automatic and the part receiving engineer shouldn't have to initialize his device to receive the stock. Please review the frequency of the  batch sync job and the entity InventoryPartInStock to match the business requirement so the updates are sent to mobile in a reasonable time. Engineer should receive the update automatically after the batch sync kicked in and changes for the entity InventoryPartInStock  picked up. 

If this doesn’t work as explained please report a support ticket for further investigations.

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +3

The current default is daily at midnight. The entity is only batch, not push and batch. We have tried also setting the entities to ‘On Changes’ for the schedule in the sync rules and the result was nothing changed. We synced the database/cloud/MWO and did more transport tasks but nothing was automatically synced as expected. This issue and related issued have been sent as support tickets and we have yet to get any detailed response on the problem. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Our customer is facing the same problem after applying UPD22 (from UPD10 to UPD22).

Parameters on TEST (where the UPD22 is being tested) are as below:

The problem is that during receiving from transport, the received part is not visible in inventory. It shows after initialization which takes a long time and is generally problematic when technician works.

The inventory part synchronization is set quite often as well as transport task - synchronization rules as below.

Do you know is it something else I can check and change to make it work?

According to information in thread there was a support ticket - how did it finish? 

Best regards,

Hubert