Solved

mWO- Switched from DB Authentication to Azure - not syncing

We are mid-upgrade. We switched from DB Authentication method for login to Azure login. Now our mwo devices are not receiving new assignments. I can see existing assignments but newly assigned are not coming through. I am able to login to the app, but then I receive this message ‘The sync process has started failing’. I go to Details and it only takes me to the Sync page in the app where the normally spinning green initializing circle reads ‘idle’. 

I am not sure the sync’ing issue is related to the change from DB Authentication to Azure, but it was working without issue just previous to that change. No other changes were made at the time. So it may be something else and a coincidence, but I thought it was important to note as the major change.

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Ibrahim Naazir 7 May 2021, 18:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

If you were to initialize the device would you then see those work assignments on your device? If so that means maybe there is an issue with the push functionality.

You can check the push queue window in IEE by querying for the work task number like “%12345%” in the ‘Keys’ column.

You should be able to see JtTask and JtExecutionInstance records for a specific work task. Check if there are user/device combinations found for the work task as below:

Highlighted records say “1 user/device(s) found, <userid>/<deviceid> queued”

If you dont see any records where a user/device combination is not found then it seems that IFS Apps is not finding the user’s device to push the work task to. If you do see a record saying that a user/device combination was found you can RMB → Synchronization Tasks and check the synchronization task.

In the “Result Message” column you can see if the task was successful or not

In your case most likely it will not be successful and you would see an error in the Result Message. You can check that error to see what is causing the push to fail. This might give you a better clue as to why you are not getting new work assignments to your device.

Hope this helps!

/Ibrahim

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Also could be worth checking if the push is enabled and valid for the app/user/device in backend if it is a push related issue.