Badge +5

Hello All

Please advice on how to untick the check box for Allow Multiple Devices for MWO

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @nkotakonda ,

The Applications screen displays all mobile applications that have been enabled in IFS Applications. These mobile applications can be IFS Native Apps or IFS Aurena Native Apps.

A mobile application is enabled from the IFS Touch Apps Server console (TAS) and I believe you cannot uncheck any tick boxes since they are set to default from the installation.

To learn more about IFS Application Installations, you can follow the below documentation;

http://f1web/f1docproj/apps10sp/Foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/040_touch_apps_server/20_customer_portal/default.htm

Please let me know if you don’t have access to this link.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minindu

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Minindu Somaratne 

Thanks for the reply.

However when i clicked on link, receiving an error as “This site can’t be reached”

Please would any other media to access the link.

Thank You

Regards

NK

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @nkotakonda 

Not to worry!

I’ll upload the PDF version here.

Thanks,

Minindu

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi;

‘Allow Multiple Devices’ is a design time flag and cannot modify by the customer. Why do you need to uncheck it? 

Thanks

Kapila 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi;

‘Allow Multiple Devices’ is a design time flag and cannot modify by the customer. Why do you need to uncheck it? 

Thanks

Kapila 

I have a customer who would like to disable it.  In theory this is a good feature, but only with a discipline group of users.

Field Engineer has Device 1 and Device 2.  They transact on device 1 when servicing a unit.  They go back to their truck and review the work assignment on Device 2.  Device has not fully sync’d yet and the tech often will re-do the same transactions they had already completed on device 1.  Device 2 is not reflecting that since it has not consumed the out messages of yet (latency).  When the Field Engineer re-do’s the transaction it causes a failed transaction since whatever transactions were committed on device 1 typically cannot be re-done.  Now you have failed transactions to deal with, which we all know can be a nightmare.  

I have 2 customers running mWO and this is a pain and they’d like to turn this feature off.  Even though you tell Field Engineers not to do this, there will always be that group that continue to make this mistake.   Can we not edit the Design file ServiceEngApp.app to turn this feature off?

settings {   pinauthentication Disabled;   errorhandling Client;   gpstracking Disabled;   multidevice Enabled;   notificationhub {      connectionstring "";      path "";   }}