Question

MWO Not updating IFS WO Status

• 4 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We have an issue where work orders on the mobile device are changed to Work Done but the work orders in IFS are not updating and are still showing a status of Started.

Nothing is waiting to transfer from the mobile and no failed transactions.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I’ve seen talk of a user guide or troubleshooting document, but cannot see any attachment of such document in this community. 

We are using IFS Apps 8. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Regards

Shaun

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

In App8, you can enable Device Sync Traces (Similar to App9/10). By doing that, you can check SQL traces for client transactions. I think that’s the first place you can start your troubleshooting to see what server methods have been called and also can be seen bind parameters. 

Also worth check J2EE logs to see any unusual java errors related to mobile activity handlers. 

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

By adding to above comment, 

I have noticed that there are some situations, that the customers are filtered some error types then if the exceptions are created for filtered error types,  those are note reflected into failed transactions. Please make sure every errors types in below screenshot is not ‘filter enabled’ 

Screen: Solution Manager->Mobile Work Order->Administration ->Filtered Error Types

Once everything in this not filter enabled, Please redo the test again. you will get a failed transaction.