Solved

MWO - How to identify what takes time in Init

• 21 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

when our devices are doing an Initialization, it gets to Processing Message 3/XXX and it always gets stuck for over 5mins.

how do I work out what this message is so I can see if I can reduce the data being sent?

icon

Best answer by kathlk 21 March 2023, 17:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

This is normally the case when you have large no of Grouped Push data rows for MWO app. Can you check the data volume for your user device in the IEE screen in the back end? Or you can do a Dummy device init for your installed device app and check to out messages. If this si the case, then you can reduce grouped data by adding permission set filters. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There is also a Lobby page that can be configured to show you the performance of the sync process and which entities may be taking the time to complete the Init

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

There is also a Lobby page that can be configured to show you the performance of the sync process and which entities may be taking the time to complete the Init

Cheers

James

Hi @James Ashmore would you kindly advise, which scheduled data base task should be active in order to have the above Lobby page updated? Many thanks for your kind help. 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi

This is normally the case when you have large no of Grouped Push data rows for MWO app. Can you check the data volume for your user device in the IEE screen in the back end? Or you can do a Dummy device init for your installed device app and check to out messages. If this si the case, then you can reduce grouped data by adding permission set filters. 

HI @kathlk Would you kindly advise the way i could check the data volume transferring to a specific mobile device from IEE back end? 

Furthermore, when attaching pictures as Documents from MWO end we are experiencing longer wait times. Would you kindly advise if this due to MWO image uploading capacity limitation or IEE Back-end restriction? (even with good data/Wifi connection) image sizes do not exceed 4MB) Many thanks for your kind advice and help. 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

For the lobby statistics its the schedule task “Touch Apps Daily Statistics”

You can read about all the mobile framework schedule tasks here: Background Processing (ifs.com)

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello @James Ashmore well noted and many thanks for your kind advice. 🙂