Question

mWO Cloud tasks changed to "Pickup tasks"

• 20 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Our mWO app on Cloud 23R2 was working fine, and suddenly its behavior has changed and all tasks now changed to pickup tasks. Most of the actions that used to work are disabled (ex issuing parts, eForms) and asking for a default location when starting work. I’ve checked entity configuration on jttask to ensure all custom fields are deployed and all additional views are published. Does anyone know what might have gone wrong? TIA

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Where do you see that these are pick-up tasks? The UI indeed looks strange, can you look at Page Configurations to see if anyone made changes? Check if there is a configuration context. And are you using Pick-up Tasks at all?

Badge +4

Thanks Alexander, nope we don’t use the pick up tasks. Page configs were fine too.

Did a bit more digging in the morning, and it turned out that someone (not me) had turned off the entity config settings for jttask. This has caused the system to not sync jttask back to mWO so it thinks we have switched to pickup tasks from normal tasks. Smart, you think?

I’ve now reconfigured the entity, did an init and things are back to how it is supposed to be. Phew!

Sorry I couldn’t capture it showing the word “pickup” instead of normal tasks.

At least now I know where to check if mWO thinks we have changed our business processes.

Badge +4

Actually, I have a screenshot. See below where the word “pickup” is scatterred over the screen. And bulk of the actions had disappeared.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

That indeed confirms they are pick-up task, still very weird that this was caused by the settings you mentioned. Anyway, good that it’s working again.

Badge +4

That indeed confirms they are pick-up task, still very weird that this was caused by the settings you mentioned. Anyway, good that it’s working again.

Yeah, seems like it has happened before.