Question

MWO AuthorizationException on Mobile​

• 9 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

we are trying to test MWO Maintenance in our development environment. However, when trying to sign in to the IFS MWO Maintenance application using Android, we get the following error:

AuthorizationException: {“type”:0,”code”:3,”errorDescription”:”Network error”}

We are able to sign in using the Windows app store app on a laptop, and we can also sign in to IFS Aurena from the mobile phone, but only the MWO app on phone results in this error.

We have followed the instructions found here Mobile Work Order - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud. We have IFS_aurena_native and IFS_aurena_native_services IAM Clients defined.

Looking at the Aurena Login Events page, we can see that when trying to sign in using the mobile app, we get a LOGIN and LOGOUT_ERROR rows. Looking further, in the ifsapp-iam pod logs we can find the the LOGOUT_ERROR gives the error “invalid_token”.

How do we fix this invalid_token issue? It’s very confusing since Aurena still seems to work fine on mobile phone. The Cloud version we have installed is 21R2 SU6.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you secured the connection with a certificate? If so the certificate must be installed on the device and fully trusted for the App to work

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Yes, as this is a dev environment, we created our own CA certificate, which is installed on the mobile phone. To my understanding it should be fully trusted, and it says so when I open IFS on the mobile browser:

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Mikko1234 a few questions for you.

1. Can you check that your CA certificate is fully trusted by Android? For example, is it listed in the Trusted Credentials or User Credentials lists? This might vary based on your device but is typically in Settings > Security > Encryption & credentials
  2. Do you get this error before entering the username and password or after?
  3. if #1 above doesn’t resolve this, can you share the device logs too please?
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m testing this on a Samsung Galaxy S10.

1. The only similar place I could find is the View Security Certificates (Settings > Biometrics and security > Other Security settings), where you can check system and user security certificates, and the CA certificate can be found here under the User certificates.
  2. We get this error only after entering the username and password. Before we were trying this with the default Self-Signed certificate that IFS installer scripts automatically generate, and with that we were not able to get past the page where you enter the Server Url. After we changed to the self-made CA certificate, we were able to get further inside the app to the login page.
  3. Do you mean the logs from Android? I’m not sure how to view Android device logs. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Mikko1234 we’re adding better support for User certificates in the next SU, due out 16th December. Please check with that version (it’s still backwards compatible with your 21R2 installation), and I believe that should resolve this issue for you. You can expect to see version number 22.12.740 or similar. If it doesn’t, please let us know!

Cheers,

Rukmal