Question

Issue with IFS MWO Sync-update to Some fields and status are not syncing to mobile till initialization.

• 5 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Badge +3

Not able to sync the some fields and status of the work task instantly after update without initializing. Only after initializing the mobile, we are able to see the updates.

I am trying to update the some core fields and fields which are created newly through customization. we are performing update in cloud and but the updated value in not syncing back to mobile till we initialize the MWO.

But i could see some statuses and fields are syncing instantly from cloud to mobile without initialization we need to same functionality to be applied for other fields and newly created fields through customization.

Can anyone please help in achieving this functionality.

Thank you in advance.

@Yasas Kasthuriarachchi @James Ashmore @Rukmal Fernando @Uthpala @kathlk 

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

What type of fields are they. Do you have a SQL expressions in the implementation? Does this filed get updated in the back office or in the mobile? 

Badge +3

Hi ,

I am trying to update the fields using SQL expressions in the implementation. I have written a logic in .plsql file to update the fields. Trying to update the fields from cloud.

Once we update the fields in cloud, we want the fields to be synced to mobile without initializing. 

Thanks & Regards,

Nikitha

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Mobile data sync has some restrictions. Need to understand your flow in detail to see whether you hit any know scenarios.

• Any changes done in the server from a mobile transactions does not sync to the same user device the transaction has originated.   
  • if you have PLSQL expressions to fetch data from a different table other than your target table, then data sync does not aware about that change. 
Badge +3

Hi,

Where can i see the logic written for Mobile data sync. Is there any way we can do modifications to it.

My scenario is as below: 

we created a new field as ‘Job Id’ in work order. When a work task is received through integration into IFS with same Job ID , IFS will begin to group all the work tasks under a work order. For all these grouped work tasks, we are creating a internal IFS Work task  which act as parent task. All these tasks are sent to mobile.

We are doing updates to to Parent task. So once parent task get’s updated. From cloud, we are trying to update all it’s child assignments using the logic written in .PLSQL file. so here our requirement is when we are doing the update to it’s child assignments, those changes should be reflected in mobile as well.

we are trying to display the values in mobile using fetch.For example:

attribute LongDescription Text {
      fetch = "Long_Description";
   }

Below code is used in update___ procedure in JtTask-Cust.plsql to update the fields:

Regards,

Nikitha

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

There are some unclear areas in the modification. For example. you do not need the ‘fetch’ as far as I can see because the Long Description is already part of the entity.

However as your update to the JT_Task originates from a integration, this should work. i.e. as soon as JT Task get updated, mobile should create a Push Queue record in the back end and then it should be executed and resolve the owners of the JT Tasks. 

Do you see push queue records after perform Jt_Task_API.Modify()?  

Badge +3

Hi,

I have checked the push queue now and i could see there is a error while synchronization tasks. Below is the error i can see for Parent task also ,but i can see that parent record is getting updated. only child tasks are not updated.

And after initialization, i can see the updated values in child tasks as well.

Can you please let me know how to debug this.. Is there any API for synchronization ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Data Sync API is not public and it’s in the Java Middle tier and not customizable. But what you need is to find the root cause for the error you see. To do that, you need additional traces. You can get them by enable sync traces for your app/device (Via the edit settings, enable trace for Server). Then it generate a trace file which has more details about the error you se in the Sync Task. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Further, you can read about troubleshoot data Synchronization in below article: 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/030_administration/040_native_apps/095_troubleshooting/30_troubleshooting_synchronization/

Badge +3

ok.. Thank you so much.. I will go through it and will find out what’s the issue.

Regards,

Nikitha

Badge +3

@kathlk  I have fixed the error i am getting while synchronizing but still i could see only some fields are not updating instantly without mobile initialization.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Good that you have resolve the error which is not directly related but that might be good idea to clear them to narrow down the issue. Could you please give me below details?

1. Entity name your files exist (which are not syncing)
  2. Field Definition of missing data (i.e. SQL value/Expression)