Question

Is there a way to stop Service Contract created Customer Orders in Planned Status?

• 1 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are running Apps10 UPD8 (moving to UPD10)

Our users are looking for a way to stop customers orders created from Service Contracts in Planned Status.  They have some customer order fields they want to edit, but can’t.  What they have figured out is that if the order goes on credit hold, they can edit the fields they want.  So - they want all orders to stop in planned and not go through to released.

I tried creating a custom event on change when the status changes to Released, hoping the order would stay in planned.  But - in that case, it undid the whole thing and no customer order was created.

Anyone have any ideas on how we could accomplish this?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@jhooperyan We had a need where we wanted to put a Charge line on the customer order generated by the Service Contract.   What we did was to create a specific order type for these service contracts,   We then went into the sales basic data /Order Types for this order type and add a check to the ”Stop after clause”.    Currently, we have it set to stop after Release Order and after Deliver Order.    We do get a warning message when we generate the order but it still works.    We could then create an event that went in and added our charge lines and connect them to the specific order line.      We are in Apps 9 currently.    

Allan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@alackas  - do you have the ability to stop the order at Planned?  I thought we did, but in Apps 10 - the first event I can stop at is Release Order.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@jhooperyan With the order flow process, I am unaware of how to stop it at Planned.   It only stops after a order event has occurred thus the first one I can see is when it is released.  but in our world, we can still add what we need at that time even though the order is released.  We then automated it via an event to put the data in automatically