Question

IFS MWO Service - Creating Custom Assistants/Pages

Badge +12

Hi,

Can we add custom Assistants within the MWO Work Details page similar to Expense or Time screens through Configuration? For example: For Expense screen, we have the Entity ‘ExpenseVirtual’ but I do not see an option to view how the ‘ExpenseVitrual’ Entity was created and linked with Expense Assistant.

While trying to create a custom Assistant/Page using the custom Entity I’ve created, it gets redirected to the browser and also the page doesn’t load. 

Please let me know if we have any reference document.

Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Short answer is no, you can’t create a dialog or an assistant using configuration (page designer). There are technical and design limitations that are the reason behind that. All the details around that fact is a far longer story though.

For the expense and time examples you give. The application provides the assistant with the various steps that you can then tweak to some extent. Building a new dialog or assistant from scratch is another matter. For this you should use customization (extend on the inside)

Kind regards

Tobias 

Badge +12

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for the response. Can we create Pages to navigate internally within the Work Details screen or we have limitations in mobile?

Badge +12

Hi Tobias,

In addition to the above question, can we create Tab (with list) or List in a standard screen in Mobile? 

I tried creating a custom tab and list as shown below which can be previewed from the Client app.

But when we view from Mobile,

1. Tab is not displayed
  2. List navigates to another screen and doesn’t allow me to add any values. Please let me know if I’m missing any configuration

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m sorry I don’t know exactly what you’re asking. If the question is if you can create a page. Then the answer is yes. The page designer do not have the full capabilities compared to marble ( tailor on the inside, using developer studio). But to some extent it is possible to build pages from scratch. 

Kind regards

Tobias 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, 

Last answer from me arrived after your next question and because of that looks a bit strange. However I again have to say I’m sorry. I don’t know all aspects around marble and how you go about to build a layout according to your wishes. 

Two typical questions are: 

1. Q: Is it possible to build something like this? 
    A: Configuration is a subset of marble. So the best way to validate if something is feasible to build is to build it in marble. If you can, then it is possible that it can be done in configuration, and if you can’t, then you could not do it in config either. 
  2. Q: How to a build something in config.
    A: If you build it in marble, you could inspect it in the page designer to see how you would need to set it up. 
    A1: Do you have an application example of what you try to do? Then go to that page with page designer and see if you can figure out the solution that way. 

The reason for me to refer to marble here is because configuration with (page designer) has always been intended for simple layouts and smaller tweaks. When you start building more advanced things, you need to have more development knowledge; i.e.; know your way around the marble language.

Badge +12

Thank you Tobias, appreciate your response. I will verify the documentation around marble. 

I would like to keep this thread open, incase anyone is aware of the possibilities for the above queries.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Joakim Fransson I believe that you where playing around with list view and mobile, is this question in that area?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

List become as displayed with just the bar with quantities and a jump to a card view page. You should be able to add records if the page allows that. We have done lists for expenses and for time. 

Badge +12

Hi @Joakim Fransson,

I believe for creating the baseline Expense List in mobile, below were the steps followed:

• Create a List > Expenses List
  • Create a CommandGroup within the Expense List and add Content ‘Expenses List Create’
  • CommandGroup

Q: How can we create a CommandGroup as above for a Custom Entity, as I do not see an option to create a CommandGroup?

Can you please provide the steps followed or if I’m missing any configuration?

Badge +12

Hello,

I have a follow up question. Can we create new standard pages in mWO Service? 

• Below I’ve created a new page as ‘Custom Task Step’ with JtTaskStep entity and added a Group to the page.

• Added the new page to the Work Details screen using ‘Navigation Link’ CommandGroups. 

• When I view from mobile, the button is displayed but when I click on the button, it doesn’t redirect me to the new page. It stays on the same Work Details screen.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia