Question

IFS MWO Service An error has occurred trying to connect with Android

• 12 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Trying to connect to our IFS Cloud Test site with MWO Service on an Android Tablet and receiving the error “An Error has occurred”. “Something went wrong while tryingt o communicate with the server. Please check the connection and Server URL.”  The version downloaded of IFS MWO Service is 23.7.917.0. The error comes up almost immediately.

The connection works on the iOS Apps and Windows app but none of the Android tablets or phones.  This is both inside and outside of our network/firewall.  The other non-Android devices works inside and outside of the network/firewall.

We are unsure what to check/troubleshoot to find the issue.

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @OmnLorreZ, we’ve seen in the past that Android tends to be stricter about SSL certificate chains than iOS and Windows, so that’s quite likely here.

Here’s a quick check you can do. If your Test site is running on the standard HTTPS port (i.e.: you don’t have a custom port, like for example this URL → acme-test.acme.com:4242), you can use Qualys’ SSL Labs to check that the SSL Certificate Chain is complete.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html

If you have the site running on a non-standard port, please DM me your site details and I can try to take a look.

Best regards,

Rukmal