IFS MWO Maintenance - Work Orders not being transfered to IEE

• 23 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 19 replies

Hello,

Our company rents and sells modular workspaces. When we rent a module and it returns from a costumer, we use the IFS MWO to open a work order on arrival, and we use the e-forms option to answer a quick survey that reports the module situation to other departments. We are constantly having trouble to create work orders on IFS MWO. As work orders are closed throught IFS application, they would not communicate with IEE, and would be lost between platforms. 

Recently we had a major problem when several objects were reported through the application but only a few of them were transfered to IEE.

I’ve checked on background tasks for any information about the transactions, but no error was found.

On Failed Transactions I found that it didn’t went throug becaust it was deleted due to initialization.

​​​​

Can someone help me figuring out what went wrong and how to solve it?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 23 June 2022, 14:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I’m attaching the screenshot again with better quality

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What most likely here is that a Failed Transaction occurred and then the rest of the transactions queued up behind it. The Mobile User has then Initialized MWO. This resets MWO data to the existing state of the Server. As part of this process all Failed Transactions are moved to Deleted Transactions with the error “Deleted due to Initialization”. What you need to do is monitor the Failed Transactions and understand the original error.

The MWO Users should not be initializing the device to receive new data. This is all handled as part of the Synchronization Rules that maintains the data for each MWO user.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

What most likely here is that a Failed Transaction occurred and then the rest of the transactions queued up behind it. The Mobile User has then Initialized MWO. This resets MWO data to the existing state of the Server. As part of this process all Failed Transactions are moved to Deleted Transactions with the error “Deleted due to Initialization”. What you need to do is monitor the Failed Transactions and understand the original error.

The MWO Users should not be initializing the device to receive new data. This is all handled as part of the Synchronization Rules that maintains the data for each MWO user.

Cheers

James

Hi, James, thank you for the reply, I really appreciate the help and the tips on how the user should do in these cases.

You mentioned that the inicialization process is handled by the synchronization rules. Where can I find more about these rules? I’d like to check on how they are set and how they work, so I can keep our users informed on how they can avoid making mistakes like this again.

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @rcruz,

Data is passed between the server and the mobile through different processes like “Push and Batch”, “Batch” and “Grouped Push”. User should not be initializing the app to get data as it should come through these delivery methods. You can find which entities come through which delivery methods in the “Synchronization Rules” window in IEE.

With regards to failed transactions, that means that some information sent from the mobile did not validate successfully with the backend logic. So try to attempt the same user work flow and monitor the “Failed Transactions” window and check the first failed transaction that comes for that user in the chronological order. You should be able to find which method calling is failing.