Question

IFS Document Management - Document Requirement

• 16 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi All,

Once Document Requiremnet Profile has been added to for example a project, how we can control adding of those document classes to project?

As I have been told u should not be able to close the project status before attaching those DC into project , apparantly is not working.

Thanks,

Aida.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @AIDA LOTFI  Welcome to IFS Community.

Shall I know how do you connect Document Requirement profile to Project? I have tried it with Engineering part revision and it is working perfectly. You cannot release the revision without fulfilling the document requirement first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

The document requirement functionality can be used from any business object in IFS. However, not all business objects “use” it in the way you describe. If the documentation says that Project should support it, but it does not, you should file a support case and get help. You can also just send them a question and have them investigate. They might also be able to create an official enhancement request if it indeed is something that is missing.

It should also be possible, and it might not be very hard, to add a custom event on Project that would check for the document requirements being fulfilled. Something to experiment with, perhaps?

/Mathias

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I had to show this at a customer today who would like to use it in their R&D projects and it’s rather disappointing. You can indeed add the document requirement service to any object (just like all attachment types), but there is no business logic (and yes, you can create an event, but IFS pricing is such that you expect a working solution and not only a toolbox) and furthermore: in IFS Cloud you only have the card view and no option to use list or table. This is really crapy software development 😔.