Solved

IFS Cloud Assignment Handover

• 10 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, 

In Apps 10 very nice functionality of Handover was introduced. However I cant make it work properly in IFS Cloud. I use Maintenance Engineer portal. I started the job, created Material Requisition and then want to use Handover functionality to move the task away from me as by the time materials will be receive there is no guarantee original engineer will do the task. I selected Handover which goes away from my to do list. However, it doesnt seem that supervisor can assign the assignment to the different person - only engineer can assign it to himself using portal. Can you please advise what is the best approach here as I dont want engineers assigning jobs to themselves? I need to make sure I use the same Work Task so that I can use requested materials. I dont want to use Incomplete as it puts Work Task in status Work Done when it is not actually done… 

I noticed there is a flag “Has follow on visit” but I dont know how to make it work to say yes and does it even relevant to the solution? 

icon

Best answer by Thommy 10 October 2022, 15:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

The Handover functionality was introduced as a way to transfer work between shifts and the intention was to make the engineers from next shift assigning the work that was handover from previous shit themselves.

From App10 Upd8 News Presentation:

The process for Handover work assignment is allows to make simple information and work handover between different resources.
The process is manual to keep it simple in such it does not involve automatic planning or allocation.

The flag “Has follow on visit” is related to function of creating a visit chain for a specific resource (meaning creating multiple work assignments for a resource based on the resource shift pattern - e.g. a 5 hours work can be splitted into to work assignments if the resource has a defined lunch break that needs to be considered),
This functionality has nothing to do with Handover.

So if you would like to have the the supervisor assigning the work that has been handed over, I think you need to explore how this can be achived outside of the Technician Portal solution - in one of the main Work Task pages. I haven’t tested that myself.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Thommy,

Thanks for the response. Supervisor will not use technician portal - he will use Work Task screen itself but it doesnt seem I can move assignment from one engineer to another. I can, of course, create a new assignment for the second resource but because original Assignment is in Status Handover it stuck on the Technician Portal and I’m unable to move status to Reported.

Just doesnt look there is a good solution:

Cant use Additional Work as this will be a new Work Task where I cant create materials unless it assigned to me on the portal

Cant use Handovers due to the above

Cant use Incomplete as it moves status to WorkDone

Anything else?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Erika,

You are right that you will not be able to handle this in the Work Task screen, I can see that now.

It has been designed and built with the purpose of self assigning. So when the succeeding resource accept the work, the original work assignment will be set to status Complete. A new work assignment is created with allocation for the succeeding resource. So until the new resource accept it we will have a Work Assignment in status Handover.

You could handle this outside of the self assigning process within Technician Portal, but it a bit more cumbersome.

The way to do this would be:

• Set the work assignment to Handover (in Technician Portal) as you have done previously
  • In Work Assignments overview, search for the handover assignment (search e.g. on status or directly on the Work Task no).
  • Mark the assignment row and Add a new assignee (by using Direct Allocation).
  • This will create a second work assignment on the work task, with status Assigned.
  • Complete the first work assignment in the Work Assignments overview.
  • Let the new assignee accept/start his/hers assignment in Technician Portal.

This will leave the Work Task in status Work Started.

Give it a test and see if this would be a way forward (if self assigning isn’t a possible way forward).

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Thommy,

IFS doesnt allow to move status of assignment to Complete from Handover. As you can see below Status button is not available for the selected line. I tried to Clock In but that also didnt give me status option (not like I want to clock in again as it will create fake time report but I tried for testing purposes).

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I actually tested in the old IEE client and there we can change the status from Complete from Handover.

Seems that this option has been omitted in Aurena, but I can’t really see any direct functional reason for it.

If the proposed way of working would be acceptable, then I would suggest to create a case on that we can’t change the status from Complete from Handover in Work Assignments in Aurena, so that we can have a look at why this option has been removed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you, I will request access to raise cases for this customer.