Solved

How creating a webservice - IFS9

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

It did a few months since I am in IFS world. We are working with a third-party company to put in place a transaction site, all transactions must enter to IFS, and one problem we are having is that we need to create the customer in IFS once the transaction finalized. I found all documentation and I didn’t find any BizAPI to create customers. Does anyone know how to do this? I try to find documentation explain how to create a webservice on IFS but I didn’t find it.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by dsj 11 January 2021, 15:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I don’t think there is a Create Customer BizAPI.

In Apps 9 you will probably need some development work to meet this requirement.

That being the case, you need to check the terms of the contract with IFS to know what your options are; but most likely you will need IFS involvement if you want to go the modification route.  I would recommend you get in touch with your local IFS representative for guidance

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In Apps 9 you will probably need some development work to meet this requirement.

That being the case, you need to check the terms of the contract with IFS to know what your options are; but most likely you will need IFS involvement if you want to go the modification route.  I would recommend you get in touch with your local IFS representative for guidance

I found this BizApi in IFS9 to create customer. It’s in the component ORDSRV. Worth checking this before deciding to go for a new development.

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you guys for the answers.

@dsj, I didn’t find the web service CustOrdCustomerServices here. Are you sure that is a standard web service from IFS?

@paul harland I worked with some other ERP companies before IFS and I don’t like the way IFS works. I like to develop our solutions based on my company's needs. The problem is that every time I need something more complex I need to ask IFS to develop. Not be capable to integrate a web service for my self, blows my mind.

Any way, thank you very much

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Thank you guys for the answers.

@dsj, I didn’t find the web service CustOrdCustomerServices here. Are you sure that is a standard web service from IFS?

@paul harland I worked with some other ERP companies before IFS and I don’t like the way IFS works. I like to develop our solutions based on my company's needs. The problem is that every time I need something more complex I need to ask IFS to develop. Not be capable to integrate a web service for my self, blows my mind.

Any way, thank you very much

Hi @gianni.neves,

In IFS Apps 10 you can, with the new architecture (Restful APIs).
But  not in Apps 9.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I found this BizApi in IFS9 to create customer. It’s in the component ORDSRV. Worth checking this before deciding to go for a new development.

Regards,

Damith

Hi @dsj ,

I stand corrected, thank you. 

I also can’t see this in the environments I checked, so I think it must be tied to a module that is not always included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Regards,

Damith

Hi @dsj ,

I stand corrected, thank you. 

I also can’t see this in the environments I checked, so I think it must be tied to a module that is not always included.

Hi @paul harland,

It’s included in ORDSRV (Customer Orders Services) component. Could be that it’s not installed in the environment you checked :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I searched on installed components in IFS and didn’t find it. Talking to my boss, I will try a workaround to create my clients. I will ask my depose I file with all client information and I will pass by the import file functionality.

Again, thank you guys, I really appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @gianni.neves ,

If you are looking for capability of integrate a web service/REST endpoint for yourself with IFS versions below 10 for ‘any’ IFS business flow, then you might be interested in a open source initiative I’ve involved in.

https://github.com/knakit/wso2-esb-connector-ifs

this allows you to access Core database objects of IFS ERP from WSO2 Enterprise Integrator. It was built using IFS Java Access Provider which utilizes an fully compatibility with the IFS framework and security.

Pls have a look and express your thought if you are interested.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @dsj,

I tried to setup WSO but I unable to add connectors or any other option. I need to use an admin user, but it seems that these options only work with LDAP and RDBMS, to complicated to have the permission necessary to set up a connection LDAP.

Your solution seems to work very well, I liked it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @dsj,

I tried to setup WSO but I unable to add connectors or any other option. I need to use an admin user, but it seems that these options only work with LDAP and RDBMS, to complicated to have the permission necessary to set up a connection LDAP.

Your solution seems to work very well, I liked it.

Hi @gianni.neves ,

Thanks for the feedback! 

WSO2 Enterprise Integrator has evolved into a container friendly micro integration during past years so setup the latest version requires some work. WSO integrator 6X series has a all-in solution to add connectors, apis, and proxy from a web based admin tool. Since further discussions about WSO2 is not relevant to this forum, I’ll stop here :)

Check Enterprise Integrator 6.6.0 (wso2.com) for download and setup instructions of WSO2 6X series or drop me a message if you curious to know more details. 

Cheers!

Damith