Hiding 'Accept' button via workflow configuration remove the ability to keep the assignment in assigned status

• 7 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

1. Create a workflow configuration and switch off 'Allow Accept' Status
2. Create a Work Task and Transfer to mobile (the previously created workflow configuration should apply to the assignment)
3. In mobile you will see the Accept button is hidden
4. But the status of the Assignment has been changed to Accepted
This is contradicting because the intention is to hide Accept button and the Assignment should be moved from Assigned State to Work Started when the user click work start button. Also this behavior has impacts on PSO planning as well.

If we keep the button and skip clicking Accept and if we directly click on Start Work, the Assignment Status will be changed from Assigned to Work Started. But in this case by removing 'Accept' button, it removed the ability to keep the assignment in Assigned status. This is contradicting. If it is needed to remove Assigned status, the status Assigned should have been removed via the workflow configuration.

I believe this is a bug, but if not can you please share your concerns :)

Thanks and Regards,

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @NEJANO,

Based on my knowledge, which I could be wrong on, however:

The Allow Accept set to false is not to remove the state machine Accept. Accept is part of the flow based on the code. This option just removes the additional hassle for users having to accept it or not. When this is set to false, any assignment transferred will be set to Accepted once downloaded automatically and the same state machine is kept intact. Even when you click on start work without clicking on Accept, I believe it should follow the proper flow in the state machine and accept the assignment first.

Some other customers also use this option in the workflow as they do not want their engineers having control on accepting the task or not. I believe the option is working as intended.

To remove the accept completely would be a customization because you will have to remove that state from the state machine and ensure that the next state from Assigned should be work start.

Best Regards,
Ibrahim

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for the clarification @Ibrahim Naazir