Question

Hide a field in MWO based on other field value

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well :)

I have a question from a client: Can a field in MWO be hidden based on other field value? As an example I have 2 fields: A and B. When field A = 1, I want field B to be available, when field A != 1, I want field B to disappear.

Is this possible in MWO in this moment?

And more important, is this possible with configuration only?

Thank you in advance for your answer! :)

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

This is indeed possible on MWO with IFS Cloud 23R2 and up as Configuration only!

It’s called Conditional Fields. See the documentation for the Web here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/#conditional_attribute

It translates almost directly into Mobile, with the only difference being that you’d do this using Solution Manager > Mobile Apps > Configuration > Apps for Page Designer > Service Engineer

(Or Maintenance Engineer).

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Yes, I just tested this in 23R2:

Making fields editable, required, visible (23R2­)

Just like in the IFS Cloud web client, it is possible to configure under which conditions:

• a field is editable or read-only,
  • a field is mandatory or optional,
  • a field is visible or hidden.

This is controlled by the following properties on the individual control.

When hovering over the line, it allows you to switch between a simple check box and a condition input field.

If – for example – you wanted to hide the Item Class field (from the screenshot above) when the task does not have an equipment specified, you would specify this condition for the Visible attribute:

record.EquipmentObjectSequence != null

The effect of the change is visible immediately. Use Save and Publish to make the change available for MWO.

Note: UI changes require re-initialization of MWO. Select Sync Monitor>Sync>Initialize.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Copy&paste error, see previous answer...