Question

Employee Survey YES/NO vs. Multi-choice

• 21 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I’m working with the employee survey in Apps 10, and want a question where it’s possible to add a remark and to choose between the following answers: YES, NO and N/A.

This lead me to a Multi-choice question, but this type doesn’t allow remarks. Or what?

My alternative is a YES/NO question and use the optional function, so you can skip the question in case of N/A, but optional is not working with YES/NO question. Or what?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this? 

Best regards

Alexander Johansen

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If the Yes/No question with a Remark doesn’t work for you then you could add a dependency question to your multi-choice (Yes,No,N/A) that asks for a “Remark” if they Answer Yes or No but is skipped for N/A

Cheers

James

Badge +1

Thank you for your answer.

With your first suggestion Yes/No with remark, what would you do if you can’t answer it? Optional is not possible.

If I understood second suggestion correct, we will need to 2 question for each, so the remark will be a separate question made as a open-ended?

We are on IFS 10.8, do you know if there are any changes in latest updates 10.20.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

For the first suggestion I would look to reword the question so it forces a Yes or No answer.

For the second suggestion, yes it would be two questions as you describe.

No new capability in this area is added in later Updates on Apps 10

Cheers

James