Question

Document viewing problem

• 24 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello,

When I want to view documents in IFS, I get an error. What is the reason?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ADNAN ,

Have you setup your folder path on the local computer and configured IFS to use it?

Setting up the folder path

1. Create a folder on your local hard disk to be used by document management.  The folder is where IFS copies the document when viewing or checking out a document for editing.
  2. We will now navigate to the User Settings within IFS.   The user setting screen is located under Document Management -> Basic Data.   The easiest way to get to the User Settings menu option is to type User Settings into the Navigator Filter on the navigator. 
  3. Click on the User Settings menu.

Here I’ve type User Settings in the navigator filter as you see in the top red box.   IFS will then filter the menus to only show menus that match your search criteria.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I think the message says it like it is: There is a problem with the setup of the FTP server and it is impossible for us here to say what it is (the message gives a hint though).

In these cases, you should contact whoever takes care of the FTP server to get help. You can also test the FTP server “outside” of IFS, to make sure IFS is not doing anything wrong. You could either use the command-line FTP client to do this or also Windows Explorer, which supports the ftp:// protocol.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @ADNAN ,

If it’s for all the documents, then please check the ftp password.

Also check whether it’s possible to login to the ftp server from middleware server.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Adding to the above suggestions check the FTP password has any complex characters as well. Sometimes this may cause this error as well.You can change the FTP password to a simple one and verify this.