Question

Document Duplicaton - potential IFS bug

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Steps to reproduce:

I am creating a new document using "Create Document Assistant".

I provide details and attach a local file on “Document Information” screen then I clicked on Next.

I kept “Correspondence Info” blank and clicked on Next

I kept “Select Document Folder” blank and clicked on Next

Now, on  “Other Connection” window, by mistake I entered incorrect Project number and clicked on Finish.

When I check under document list two documents get created.

Investigation done so far:

On further investgation using debug tool found that issue is with screen “Other Connection” when you click on “Finish”, application first creates document and then tries to validate connection object. If connection object is not valid, it presents error but does not remove document entry. Now, if user decides to fix the project number correctly after error and clicks on Finish, system creates another entry of document.

Issue is only where there is an issue with “Other Connections”. 

Is there a way to exclude “other connection” screen? or any other suggestions to fix this issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There exist 02 configuration capabilities around this (pasted below), even if it does not support to completely exclude the Other  Connection screen. Instead it could be left with one single, non-related business object so that mistakes could be minimized. 

---- ----- ---

There are two places in which you need to enter basic data for Quick Object Connect. That is, Document Basic/Quick Object Connect tab and Document Class Management/Object Type for Quick Connect tab.

In Document Basic/Quick Object Connect tab you specify which business object types should be available for quick connect. You can choose among all document-aware object types. 

In the Document Class Management/Object Type for Quick Connect tab you can select from the object types registered in the Document Basic/Quick Object Connect tab, to control which object types should be available for quick connect for a certain document class. You can also control the sorting order in which the specific fields will appear under the Document Revision/Connect Object tab using this tab. If no configuration is given for a particular class, all the objects entered in Document Basic/Quick Object Connect tab will be available for quick connect to documents belonging to that class. ---- ---- -------

Having said that, as you suggested this seems to be potential core bug that need a fix around the validation. shared with @Mathias Dahl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Since this looks like a bug, please report this to our support such that we can look into it.

Thanks!

/Mathias

Badge +1

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

Can you please guide me on how to report it on support? This is my first community question so I am not aware of the process.

Thanks,

Mehal

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mathias Dahl ,

Can you please guide me on how to report it on support? This is my first community question so I am not aware of the process.

Sorry, I don’t know what the process is for customers since I only work “on the inside” of support. Since you are an IFS customer, I recommend you contact your… “IFS contact person” (salesperson, consultant, etc.) to learn what the process is, for you. Or perhaps you even have colleagues, perhaps someone responsible for your IFS installation, who are already reporting cases to us?