Question

Document access

• 28 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi folks,

I need to grant access to several documents(>1500), is there an efficient way of emulating what can  done on a per document basis in Document Revision>Access tab. I already tried to add the users in a Person Group and then add the Group in the Access Template for all document types, but seems like it only works for new document, not existing ones.

Thanks in advance !

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Mbourret 

A similar topic recently discussed, and I think the answer to your issue will be the same, no retroactive addition through the UI.  Migration job or script.

https://community.ifs.com/technology-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/giving-document-class-access-to-a-user-even-for-documents-not-attached-by-him-or-her-4673?postid=15294#post15294

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Did you get a fix for this? We have a semi-manual solution in IFS2003! When an Access Template is changed to add an individual (for whatever reason) we added a custom Right Mouse Button to run:

hWndForm.frmDocumentAccessTemplate.DbPLSQLTransaction( hWndForm.frmDocumentAccessTemplate.c_hSql, "IFSAPP.DOCUMENT_ISSUE_ACCESS_API.UPDATE_FROM_TEMPLATE(:i_hWndFrame.frmDocumentAccessTemplate.cmbsDocClass.i_sMyValue)" )