Solved

Custom Method in Object Connection Transformation

• 24 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

How to pass values of target key reference to my custom method as parameter.

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 25 November 2020, 11:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

How to pass values of target key reference to my custom method as parameter.

I suggest that you look at any of the many existing transformation methods that are installed by default. Your method is called automatically.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for the update, would appreciate if possible to share any documentation related to the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This is all documented in the end-user documentation.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks found the details in the documentation.

“For some scenarios it is not possible to map the target and source columns due to the fact that the source columns are not included in the target database view. You then have two options which both require some programming work. You can either extend the target view with the necessary columns or create a stored function that makes the actual key transformation. The name of the function should in this case be registered as the transformation method. Note that it should also hold the package name, e.g. My_Package_API.My_Transformation. It needs to be defined as a function that returns a string value. It also requires two values in parameters (strings); the Target Key Reference and the Service Name (in that specific order).”

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks found the details in the documentation.

“For some scenarios it is not possible to map the target and source columns due to the fact that the source columns are not included in the target database view. You then have two options which both require some programming work. You can either extend the target view with the necessary columns or create a stored function that makes the actual key transformation. The name of the function should in this case be registered as the transformation method. Note that it should also hold the package name, e.g. My_Package_API.My_Transformation. It needs to be defined as a function that returns a string value. It also requires two values in parameters (strings); the Target Key Reference and the Service Name (in that specific order).”

Great, then you are now an expert! (few reads our documentation) :)