Question

Connect Work Order to the Project via Technician Portal or MWO

• 13 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

My customer is using IFS Cloud and has a scenario where engineer will be raising WOs via technician portal or MWO for the specific project activity. As standard, I can’t see a way to connect newly raised job to the project using portal/MWO, only directly on the Prepare Work Order screen. On another topic there was mentioning of possible configurations can be done, but no details have been provided. Can anyone assist?

In addition, there will be a lot of PMs used on the project, however as standard functionality PM Actions cannot be attached to the project activity at the generation point. Is there a way to connect PMs to Project using Technician Portal or MWO?

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

My customer is using IFS Cloud and has a scenario where engineer will be raising WOs via technician portal or MWO for the specific project activity. As standard, I can’t see a way to connect newly raised job to the project using portal/MWO, only directly on the Prepare Work Order screen. On another topic there was mentioning of possible configurations can be done, but no details have been provided. Can anyone assist?

I have the same customer requirement where field technicians create work tasks using IFS technician portal, but the business requirement is to connect Work Orders / Work Tasks to projects. The technician portal workflow configuration doesn’t have a option for project connection nor does the technician portal GUI have a command button for this. The “Prepare Work Order” view has the command button to connect work order to a project activity.

@Alexander Heinze would You know if there is a solution for this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

There is no standard way to achieve the project connection from MWO, only using the web client. Even with a customization I would expect this to be a tough endeavor as no project-related information is available in MWO. 

What about a custom field that is filled in MWO and then used by a BPA server-side?