Question

Cloud 22R2 - Push Notification in MWO Service

Badge +12

Hello,

I would like to send custom Push Notifications to mobile. Below are 3 queries:

• 1st query: Using the App Model, can we include conditions when to send the notification to mobile or is that a separate process? In the Cloud documentation, I can only see the message to send.
    • I believe, updating the app model and creating a projection action is a customization and not possible through configuration.
  • 2nd query: Custom Alert Messages - Is this referring to Alert messages displayed based on conditions which will be visible to the technician for few seconds and then disappear when the mobile app is open?
    • Do we have any reference on how we can perform this action?
  • 3rd query: Can we restrict/modify the “New Assignment” notification logic to send only on certain conditions and not every time an assignment is transferred to mobile?
    • If yes, is it possible through configuration?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
  1. Yes, Push messages are bind with the data change events in the entity and today you will need to modify the app model to define the message as per documentation. Message text can be defined statically in the model or can build up via a custom projection action. message will popup in the device when user has push data available in the server. 
  2. Yes this is the same. Custom alert message looks like misleading in the documentation. However mobile device get push notification (RAW) every time user has data available in the server to download. This ‘Custom Alert’ meaning that user can get a popup instead of just RAW push notification (Invisible).  This message alert can be defined directly in the app model or can be build up via a projection action (custom)
  3. Yes this can be done via a custom action and again not via the configuration. As far as I know if you return null from the custom action, then you will not get the popup. Will verify this.

In addition to the offline entity data bound push alert, you can also send none data bound alert to the user via PLSQL. This is explained in the section “Send Notification messages programmatically from the back office”

http://techdocs/22r1/060_development/022_user_interface/035_aurena_native/020_aurena_native_features/020_push_notifications/#executing_a_command_when_a_notification_is_tapped

Hope this helps? 

Badge +12

Thanks @kathlk, appreciate your response. 

A follow up query, is any of this possible using the “Event Action” configuration, selecting “Execute Online SQL” and using the SQL Statement - Mobile_Push_SYS.Send_Notification(message_, '<App_Name>', <User>); ?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I do not see why not. You would just be replicating what the option “Send Notification” does in Solution Manager...Installed Apps/Devices

Cheers

James

Badge +12

I’ve tried this option and in the “Push Queue” screen, a new record gets created and the status is shown as “Complete”. But there is no Push Notification seen in mobile. Is there a way to track if the message was sent or if there was an issue?

Do we have any documentation around the Syntax with working examples for Send Notification? Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can read about the Push Notification flow here: Troubleshooting Push - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you use standalone PLSQL API (Mobile_Push_SYS.Send_Notification) to send an alert via a custom event in an entity LU , then it’s not guaranteed that the relevant Push data is available at the out queue at the time you get the alert (popup). FW send the alert after data is available. So  as long as you have faster sync cycles (Push Data) this has minimum effect in the delay of data available and the time user see the popup.     

Badge +12

If you use standalone PLSQL API (Mobile_Push_SYS.Send_Notification) to send an alert via a custom event in an entity LU , then it’s not guaranteed that the relevant Push data is available at the out queue at the time you get the alert (popup). FW send the alert after data is available. So  as long as you have faster sync cycles (Push Data) this has minimum effect in the delay of data available and the time user see the popup.     

@kathlk So if we create a custom event, it will not be consistent to send push notification? Using customization is the preferred way? Please advice.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yes at the moment best way to do this is via the custom layer. So you define this in the app model and the projection action.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Priyanka,

Can we take the customization out of the mix for the moment?  Can you confirm that manual notifications as shown below are consistently being seen in both Windows and IOS?  It appears that someone replied earlier that the way that you are trying to implement this there may some consistency issues.  If this is consistently being received we can have some discuss the customization at a more technicial level.

Badge +12

Hi Matt,

Sure. I’ve tested manually as suggested using the Send Notification button and able to receive notifications in both Windows and iOS. It takes a few seconds for the background job to run and send the notification in some cases in Windows but it works. 

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia