Question

Cloud 22R2 - Custom Contexts in Page Designer

• 22 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

Certain functionalities work only in the ‘Global’ Context in Page Designer and not in the ‘Custom’ Context for MWO Service. One such example: able to view the Field Hint for ‘Phone Number’ field in MWO Service - Windows platform using Global Context but not through Custom Context. 

I’ve Refreshed Cache from Solution Manager > System Information and Utilities > Refresh Server Cache > “MobileApplication” > Refresh Cache

Is there any limitation for the custom contexts?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

You need to Disconnect/Connect from the mobile client in order to resolve the context. If not, meta data will be fetched for the global context. 

Badge +12

Hi @Dar,

Yes, I’ve unpublished the Global Context and published the Custom Context. Also, I’ve tried to Disconnect and Connect from mobile again but the changes doesn’t reflect. After Reconnecting, tried to Initialize to confirm but it is still the same.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Can you see the changes done in the custom context in Aurena ?

Badge +12

Yes, I can view the changes in Aurena using Custom Context.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

If you check in Mobile Logs you should see a line like “Getting Meta Data content( xxx,en-US,context)” See if the context is correctly resolved to your custom context. 

Solution Manager > Aurena Native Apps> Logs and Queues> Logs

Badge +12

Yes, looks like the context is mapped correctly. I checked in the iOS device as well and have the same issue. 

In both the platforms, Global context works but not custom context.

Another issue I can see is that, the Logs screen doesn’t display the above details when I disconnected and connected the device for Global context. It only shows as Custom Context for this User but in Mobile, the Global context custom fields are displayed. Could there be any sync issues?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia