Badge +5
How to use the Clock-In and Clock-Out functionality in work assignment
icon

Best answer by Bimsara Geethachapa 1 October 2019, 11:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
In work order, work assignment can be assigned to a particular employee. When the work starts it is not necessary to start the working assignment if the employee using clocking functionality.
Clocking Functionality is used for a technician to Start and stop work and create time reportings depending on those time differences. Once the user uses the Clock-In initially to the work assignment then it automatically starts the work assignment and Assignment Start and Work Start dates will be updated.
In that instance, the user will Clock-In to start work, then Clock-Out to have a break the time will be reported for the time differences. Therefore the technician might start work and then pause for some time to take a break (or do some other work) and start again. Then the user will Clock In again to continue work after the break, and Clock out to finish work.
There is no limitation of the user clocking out and clocking in again on a Work assignment, therefore the Assignment Finish dates are not updated when the user Clock Out. User has to Complete or Incomplete the work assignment to Clock out when the work is Finished. This will update the Finish dates and time will be reported.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Is there a way to disable work task clockings?  It seems like when I report time on a work assignment from Aurena or mWo, it creates a work task clocking.  But if I just do a Time report in IEE, it doesn’t create a work task clocking.  How do I disable work task clocking in Aurena and mWo?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is there a way to disable work task clockings?  It seems like when I report time on a work assignment from Aurena or mWo, it creates a work task clocking.  But if I just do a Time report in IEE, it doesn’t create a work task clocking.  How do I disable work task clocking in Aurena and mWo?

Hi Curtis,   

did you manage to find a method to disable clocking through Aurena?  We are having the same issue where clocking isnt set to required, and doesnt start in EE, but in Aurena we are being forced to use clocking.  We only want to use the “Report Time” function. 

I have thought about a workaround where open clockings are deleted on a schedule - ive tested this and we still get the clock out window in Aurena, but it doenst seem to have a functional effect on closure of the assignment and task. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Chriswharton22  You can disable this from the Site:

Or if you are using Workflow Config - you can disable the auto time:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Chriswharton22  You can disable this from the Site:

Or if you are using Workflow Config - you can disable the auto time:

Hi Vinu,

the issue we have with Aurena, is that it ignores the setting in the site setup page. I logged a case with IFS and it is fixed in a later release