Question

Clock In and Out functionality when assignment is transferred to MWO

• 23 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

The customer would like if the dispatcher in the backend could manually process the time stamps that a technician has to set (e.g. working, completing the work etc.). I have thought about the Clock In and Out functionality, but it seems like it has some limitation when the assignment is already transferred to MWO.

For example, even if I clock in and choose a time and date, the fields Assignment start and Work start are not being filled in.

The same happens when I clock out. The system allows me to do this, but there is no data populated.

I have also tried to enable Allow Clock in automatically on site level, but there is also no data populated.

Do you have any ideas here?

Thank you very much,

Iulia

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Assignment Start and Work Start is only updated when the work assignment is processed. Assignment start is set when the work assignment is set OnRoute or Work Started. Work start is set when the work assignment is set work started.

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Assignment Start is set when changing the status to On Route or Work Started, clockings are started in parallel, but there is no logic to update the assignment when a clocking is started. Unfortunately you cannot set the status from the web client when the assignment has been downloaded already.

Have you considered using a BPA?

Badge +6

Hello @skullk  and @Alexander Heinze, thank you for your answers. I understand now why the clocking didn’t work in my example. Thank you for the suggestion with the BPA, I haven’t thought about it until now.