Skip to main content
Question

block mWO Windows app and only allow Android app

• 12 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Is there a proper way to block users from using mWO S/Engineer Windows app to access IFS (Cloud 23R2), and only allow the Android app. I know we can disable the device after, but can we configure something so that they can’t even activate the Windows app in the first place? TIA

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

We do not have such a capability in IFS Cloud and I suggest that you raise this as an enhancement request together with the business value of it. 

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Could I understand the business requirement behind wanting to block Windows and only allow Android? The app is the same with central configuration so the app on Windows will behave and function the same as on Android.

I guess you could block by not allowing store apps to be installed on Windows devices - but this would block all store apps rather than just MWO

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Could I understand the business requirement behind wanting to block Windows and only allow Android? The app is the same with central configuration so the app on Windows will behave and function the same as on Android.

I guess you could block by not allowing store apps to be installed on Windows devices - but this would block all store apps rather than just MWO

Cheers

James

Hi James,

The techs take mobiles to the work sites and not laptops. This encourages them to enter data such as measurements, and clockings in real time. Being able to do the same on the laptop means some may resort to enter the data after the fact, such as at home which is not ideal.

The second issue is having to monitor and resolve the issues emanating from two different OS’s. We’ve had our fair share of issues battling with Android OS with mWO and now adding Windows into the mix doesn’t help. 

Cheers.