Solved

Barcode scanning on mWO Service 10

• 14 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have experience with filtering what QR code brings to the mWO? When I try to select or issue part via mWO using barcode scanning functionality the code brings me part no, serial, dates and many more. I would only want barcode scanning to bring me part number and serial - is this possible?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by skullk 18 May 2021, 13:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Not sure what exactly you mean here. When a barcode is scanned, it extracts the text behind it and put on to the field. If it is a search field, it search for that text. We have a general search in the app (not attribute specific). So what you scanned is a part no, it will search for the part no in all records in the LOV for example.

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +2

Hi Sampath,

Thank you for your response. Please see attached examples. I do indeed use barcode scanner to search for a part, however, as you can see I receive many more characters than just part number. For example, on image 3 the part number is 56000/320 however you can see there is a lot of text before this and it has a lot of text after as well. It doesn't only pick up part number, it picks up much more.

Thanks,

Erika

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

All those characters must be coming from the barcode. May be barcode you are scanning does not just consist of Part No details? If it has more information included on it, app just can’t extract only the Part No details. 

I think there are web sites where you can create your own barcode so you can use one of those to see if the app gets the correct characters fetched from the bar code. Try: https://barcode.tec-it.com/en

Thanks

Sampath