Solved

'Bad Request' error when Checking in Document for the first time in a clustered environment

• 9 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi All,

Can anyone assist me with below query ?

'Bad Request' Error is displayed on running the check in of a document after the initial check-in. The document view option provides Bad request error when the document is checked in but not when the doc is checked out.

Faults are inconsistent as in some times when trying to check in a new doc against a revision bad request is shown but others it is not same class same format different result.

File path has been checked and verified in both application and Middleware.

This has been identified as only be exhibited in a Clustered Environment.

Further information:

1. Connection method (VPN / direct access etc) ? Issue recreates for both VPN and direct connection
  2. Shared patch is accessible from both Primary and secondary node.
  3. IFS services are running using a domain account that has read/write access to the shared location.
  4. Firewall issue – Users have created a Local File share between the Primary and secondary Nodes and found the same result with the local file shares.

Users specifically mentioned that first time the check in is tried it fails but the second time it actually works.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thilini

icon

Best answer by Sahan Udana 12 April 2021, 03:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Thilini,

I know the clustered environments can access the temp path but I think it is better to check the below small detail as well I found in a similar issue. Hope this helps.

“When configuring DocMan shared temporary storage path for clustered environment a proper network share should be configured where all nodes have read and write access. To achieve that in Windows a domain account with read/write access to the share and local admin rights to each of the machines hosting Middleware cluster should be created. Then you need to make sure to use that account in Windows server for AS node manager and restart as node manager first and then each of the managed server on all nodes (in that sequence).

To validate this you should see processes for java for any of the managed servers in task manager (you may need to add column with command line details) where user name should be set to user specified on the windows service for as node manager.”

Regards,

Sahan