Solved

TASK_EXT syncing issue

• 18 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All,

1. If we make an extension table for TASK table, named TASK_EXT, if we want this extension table to be synced with Mobile, do we need to make separate sync rule for that table ?
  2. As per my knowledge, usually baseline sync rule of TASK table take cares of syncing other extension tables, only when that TASK_EXT table is updated with TASK table itself. If I want to update only the TASK_EXT table (not with the TASK table) and to be synced with mobile, what should I do ? Should I add separate sync rule for that ? 

Explanation to this would be highly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance,

Hushan Hasarel

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 19 May 2021, 10:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

Please do try a search of the existing posts and articles prior to making a new post as a lot of questions are now covered in existing content.

The below article goes over extension tables and how to have them synced to mobile:

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

HI @Lee Pinchbeck,

I don't have access to the link you shared for task_ext sync. Could you please give the permission to read it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck ,

I am facing sync issue in task_ext table. In my task_ext table there is a field called “technology”. I checked on the force select check box in task_ext custom metadata and in task sync I added the attribute like task.technology. It is not syncing properly. 

Below observation I found

1. If I change anything from the screen from smart client for the technology field it is not syncing to mobile.
  2. If I am changing anything from the task table from screen lets say description or priority. I can see task table details is updating as well as the technology field of task_ext and can see in Mobile.

Here the objective is to sync the data to mobile immediately after the changes in task_ext instead of after task changes.

Could you please help me on this?