Solved

Is there a currency conversion process in FSM?

• 26 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

All of our prices are in CAD since we are Canadian company. 

If we have to bill a customer who’s bill to is listed as USD, then the pricing rules will not take effect due to the pricing rules listing only CAD. If we put the converted rate as USD, that will quickly go out of date with how quickly rates change.

My question is: Does FSM have a way to convert it based on current exchange rate? or must it be set by whichever price is in the pricing rule?

icon

Best answer by anmise 30 August 2020, 07:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If we have to bill a customer who’s bill to is listed as USD, then the pricing rules will not take effect due to the pricing rules listing only CAD. If we put the converted rate as USD, that will quickly go out of date with how quickly rates change.

My question is: Does FSM have a way to convert it based on current exchange rate? or must it be set by whichever price is in the pricing rule?

You could setup an integration with a service that provides fx rates and update the CURRENCY_CONV code table. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You could setup an integration with a service that provides fx rates and update the CURRENCY_CONV code table. 

I didnt know about that code table! if i were to update this manually, how does this table work with pricing rules?

ours is currently set to this:

But when something is USD it comes up as $0

Userlevel 7

I didnt know about that code table! if i were to update this manually, how does this table work with pricing rules?

ours is currently set to this:

But when something is USD it comes up as $0

You’ll need prices in all your currencies. The conversion table will convert your cost to your corporate currency (e.g. USD to CAD) and you also get the converted price on the invoice.