Solved

FSM mobile SYNC

• 12 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi can anyone tell me , for real time sync it is necessary to initialize the device   because before i initialize the data is not reflected   in mobile but after  the internalization i get the value.

i have taken the person table.

person table is a real time syn , where any changes in the person will /should update automatically  .

but i am not getting the changes real time.

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 3 July 2020, 16:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

for real time sync it is necessary to initialize the device?

No, It is not needed to initialize the mobile to get data to mobile. 

Real-Time Sync rule means: when information is changed in the FSM database, it is immediately delivered to the device. This delivery method is used for task information that changes quickly

Application server ready the data to be sync to mobile real time. but,These data will be available on mobile only when the sync interval is elapsed on mobile.

If you dont get the data to mobile for real time entities, please check the mobile log, Mobile Service log for any exceptions.

Example:

Please try by assign the task to Mobile user. it should be available on the mobile without initialize.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks for your response , The example with you provided is working fine but the think is when i create a new user_def field in person and store the data in that field ,  the data in that field is not synced to mobile and data is  available in the database . i have added  the attrs for  user_def field in the syn rule for  person .  

where am not getting the data, once the data is available at the database but 

after i initialize i get the user_def field value , can you tell whether i am missing any steps. 

Thanks 

muthujayashree 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Muthujayashree,

If you had only certain fields selected and then amended the sync rule to add in a new field this is likely the reason the mobile did not pick up the value.

The initialisation constructs the local mobile database structure based on the sync rule parameters after this the sync rule sends data for those fields in that structure. Prior to this the mobile would likely only know about the prior sync rule setup and would not have the required field in the local mobile database to add the value to until the initialisation rebuilds the table based off the new setup.

Hope this helps,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Muthujayashree,

Did the above resolve your query or do you still require information and/or guidance? If your query is resolved could you please mark the response that assisted you most as ‘Best answer’? This will greatly assist other forum users to quickly identify the relevant solution for the issue.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck